The Saskatchewan Food Processors Association was formed in 1990 as a nonprofit organization designed to strengthen the food processing industry in Saskatchewan.
In 2014, The SFPA took steps to represent a broader industry, creating a new vision for existing and future entrants with an innovative approach to value add. Responding to market and changes within the sector, the SFPA refocused, expanding it’s membership representation. We are now operating under the Saskatchewan Food and Ingredient Processors Association (SFIPA).
Today there are almost 300 food processors making up this rapidly growing sector of Saskatchewan's economy, and the Saskatchewan Food and Ingredient Processors Association is playing a leading role in the promotion, support, and growth of the dynamic group of member companies.
Our Board: please click here for a list of our board members
- To create the ecosystem necessary for a representative and competitive value-added industry in both rural and urban Saskatchewan
- To foster growth of value creation in the food and ingredient marketplace in the province of Saskatchewan
- To profile and promote Saskatchewan’s food and ingredient sector provincially, nationally and internationally
- To represent and serve as a spokes group for the collective interests of our food and ingredient industry provincially, nationally and internationally
- To assist in the growth and increase the competitiveness of the food and ingredient sector
Our mandate is to increase exposure of our companies and assist in any way possible increase their sales to market
- Market awareness
- Programming and path finding for members
- Partnerships and collaboration
- Research and Advocacy
Through the pursuit of these goals the SFIPA will work to develop the industry as a whole. With over 70% of Saskatchewan food processors employing under ten people, the SFIPA's role as an umbrella organization has become crucial in providing programs that individual companies simply cannot afford.